Our 60,000 member B2B Technology Marketing Community on LinkedIn conducted the 2014 study on alliance marketing to better understand how B2B marketers are adjusting to new alliance marketing challenges, and to identify new trends and best practices.
Here are the Top-5 Trends in Alliance Marketing (for more details download the report):
- Revenue generation (87 percent), demand generation (72 percent) and joint sales engagement (66 percent) top the list of alliance marketing program goals.
- Lack of partner commitment is the greatest alliance marketing challenge (42 percent), followed by lack of resources (39 percent).
- The top three alliance marketing tactics are demand generation (68 percent), followed by content development (50 percent) and lead nurturing (50 percent).
- A majority of alliance professionals (62 percent) expect the number of partners they work with to increase over the next 12 months.
- Fifty percent of respondents expect alliance marketing budgets to increase over the next 24 months.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey.
PS: Many thanks to IDG Enterprise for sponsoring this research:
IDG Enterprise | http://www.idgenterprise.com/alliance-marketing-services
IDG Enterprise Alliance Marketing Services (AMS) provides leading-edge converged marketing solutions, enabling tech marketers to create, elevate and communicate the value of their partnerships. As a full consultative group, AMS offers a robust portfolio of turnkey solutions that can supplement ongoing alliance marketing initiatives including: research based programs, content development, brand messaging, social marketing services, lead generation and nurturing, custom executive events and more. By leveraging the combination of marketing services expertise with the full portfolio of the IDG Enterprise premium media brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, CIO Executive Council, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld), the AMS team creates valuable solutions to help our customers to succeed in their alliance marketing endeavors.
For more information visit our website, or contact Michael Latchford at email@example.com or 508.766.5376.